The Student News Daily Android or IPhone app provides all the educational content from the www.StudentNewsDaily.com web site inside an easy-to-use and student friendly app. It is completely free and contains absolutely no advertising of any kind.
Quick overview of what’s in the app:
- Daily News Article: Comprehension and critical thinking questions are found on the article page, below the article. In addition, we provide “Background” and “Resources” (including video clips, maps and links) below the questions to give students a better understanding of the current events story.
- Daily Best of the Web is an excerpt from The Wall Street Journal’s “Best of the Web” posting. This is a collection of interesting items found by readers on the internet and commented on by James Taranto, editor of The Wall Street Journal’s “Opinion Journal” webpage. (Note: no questions are posted in this category.)
- Tuesday’s World Events are three short news stories from around the world. Questions are found below the article. In addition, “Background” and “Resources” are provided below the questions.
- Wednesday’s Example of Media Bias is a weekly example of biased news reporting. Also included on this page are questions about the excerpt and definitions of the types of media bias. (Note: answers to the questions in this category can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page.)
- Thursday’s Editorial is a weekly opinion article from the web. Questions asking students to explain their opinion or reaction are found below the article. As individual views vary, answers are not provided for this category.
- Finally, to round-out the week, we provide Friday’s News Quiz, a 10 question multiple choice or true/false quiz with questions relating to the week’s five “Daily News Articles.”